Skip to main content

Strictly pairs revealed as Zara gets Graziano and Bobby partners Dianne



STRICTLY Come Dancing's 2023 pairings were revealed tonight in a glorious explosion of sequins and colour.

There was hip shaking, laughter and smiles galore as things got very real for the latest cohort of dancefloor contenders.

And there were also tears from viewers who were moved by a touching tribute to late judge Len Goodman who died in April.

Pop star Jessie Ware performed a rendition of Free Yourself as professional dancers Nadiya Bychkova, Johannes Radebe, Michelle Tsiakkas and Neil Jones pulled off a spellbinding routine.

And returning champions Hamza Yassin and Jowita Przystaƅ‚ danced their incredible Salsa from last years' series.

Wildlife photographer Hamza said: "Strictly was the best thing that's ever happened to me, it's changed my life, and taught me so much about myself, and I thought already knew myself pretty well."

It was then straight into the pairings, but which duo has what it takes to win the Glitterball?

After bagging the Italian satallion and past winner, Sherlock actress Amanda told hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly: "I'm ecstatic, we get on really well, same sense of humour, and dedicated to working hard".

Giovanni loved her enthusiasm, adding: "That was a reaction, I have to be honest...and also there was screaming that I enjoyed very much...very very happy days."

Zara isn't brimming with confidence despite her being the early favourite for glory with the bookies.

She and Graziano will perform the Cha Cha in week one so fans can expect plenty of energy.

Zara said: "I think I'm probably the most nervous I've been in my life. I'm not a natural born performer or extrovert, so this is the biggest challenge of my life!"

Graziano told Zara: "The sky is the limit! Be positive all the way."

Host Tess told the decorated athlete: "You are an eight time gold medal winning Paralympian. You started off swimming, then you made the switch to cycling so I'm thinking Strictly easy peasy for you?!"

Jody replied: 'I'd like to think so, but I don't think it's going to be. I'm a complete newbie at this, I had years and years of practice at the other ones so we'll see what happens...let's shoot for the stars!'.

Last year's winner Jowita unexpectedly admitted she was nervous, saying: "I need to admit I'm actually a bit nervous because I don't want to let him down, but I have a lot of ideas."

Newsman Krishan was delighted with his partner, saying: Oh it's brilliant and she gets me immediately."

This series is Lauren's first with a celebrity partner and she promised a perfect mix of fun and firm.

She said: "It might be the first time that I'm partnered with somebody, but I know it's a big ask for the celebrities to go out there and dance. So I think I need to be kind and give you confidence to have fun, but when it's time to be strict I know how to be strict, don't worry about that!"

Angela has come full circle from hosting Come Dancing 32 years ago and she's relishing the challenge.

She told Tess: "It's weird not being in your place and being in this place, but I'm going to enjoy it I think, yes!'.

Beaming Kai said of the pairing: "I am absolutely delighted to have Angela. I think we are going to be fabulous."

West End star Layton is expecting Nikita do be a taskmaster, saying: "He is going to whip me into shape, and keep me on the straight and narrow because I do like to think I know what I am doing and do the most, but I really don't have a clue!"

Claudia asked if Layton's dance experience was a help or a hindrance and Nikita responded: "Ballroom and Latin are completely different to anything Layton has done so far, the technique, posture and especially to co-ordination is completely different, he has a lot to learn and I can't wait to teach him."

EastEnders star-turned-meditation teacher Nigel is trying to keep calm ahead of his first dance.

Reacting to being told Katya is very strict, he said: "Everyone keeps telling me this and every time they tell me this I get more and more terrified, but I am pretending I'm really calm about it."

Keeping her cards close to her chest, Katya didn't give much away about what viewers can expect from then.

She said: "Idea's will come as we get to know each other."

EastEnders actor Bobby said he was "so pleased" to be partnered with Dianne.

The Aussie pro then said that her partner, who recently won a National Television Award, already felt like family.

She said: "I am so happy I have already adopted Bobby as my little brother, and I already care so much about him, I just want him to have the best time ever."

Comedian Eddie is going to be pushed to his limits by veteran pro Karen.

He said: "She's a little bit like kryptonite...she's got a sound 'ta ta', when you get something a little bit wrong 'ta ta' I'm like oh my God, I've got to get used to 'ta ta'.

Feisty Karen said: "He will be cracking the jokes, but I'm going to be cracking the whip."

Tennis legend Annabel got her dream partner and was full of praise for Johannes.

She said: "I've got the best partner I could possibly have wished for, honestly he's so special, you really are so special, it's such an honour and a privilege to be dancing with you, thank you."

Johannes vowed to show his student a good time as week one approached, saying: "I am going to take you through your paces my darling but the most important thing is that we are going to have fun."

Predicting they'll get on like a house on fire, actress Ellie said: "I'm over the moon that Vito is my partner, honestly I'm so excited I think we are going to have so much fun."

Vito agreed, saying:"I am just going to have the best time with Ellie, I want to have the best journey and have fun."

He said: "I'm loving life...what is not to love? I'm on Strictly Come Dancing and I've got this Russian princess, I'm buzzing, absolutely over the moon."

Luba felt the same, saying: "I've never been this happy...so I am extremely excited and cannot wait to dance with you."

Presenter Angela wants Carlos to tell it to her how it is.

She said: "Thank you universe... I think Carlos will be able to teach me, he is direct... I feel like there is a directness that I might respond to, like brutal honesty that Carlos has."

Confident Carlos isn't here to make up the numbers, he expects to be vying for top honours.

He said: "I have made a better plan and we are going for the Glitterball...we'll do it one step at a time, no rush."

Radio star Nikita admits her moves are very much limited to waving her arms in a club.

She said: "I am a party animal but when it comes to choreography that's what I'm here to learn... I need to learn some new skills, I'm just like one arm up in the air".

Ever positive, Gorka said: "I believe in you already and it's going to be great!"

The pairing already has the nickname Gorkita and they will begin their competition with a Waltz.

Showbiz stalwart Les described taking part in the show as "the biggest challenge ever."

He added: "I am so excited about it, I can't wait. I am so happy... as soon as I met Nancy I knew I could learn from her, she is a great teacher and she is so enthusiastic."

Nancy said: "I am so excited and actually we have already started."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osho Quotes on Meditation

Osho Quotes on Meditation If tea-drinking can become a meditation, then anything can become a meditation — cooking or washing your clothes, any activity can be transformed into meditation. And the real sannyasin, the real seeker, will transform all his acts into meditation. Only then, when meditation spreads over all your life, not only when you are awake in the day — slowly slowly it starts penetrating and permeating your being in sleep too — when it becomes just part of you, like breathing, like your heartbeat, then, only, have you attained to the discipline, to the essential discipline of Zen. Meditation means: drop all thoughts, drop all ideologies, drop all knowledge. Drop the mind itself. The mind is constantly talking. If the inner talk can drop even for a single moment you will be able to have a glimpse of no-mind. That’s what meditation is all about. The state of no-mind is the right state. It is your state. Millions of people miss meditation because meditation has taken on

33 Crore Gods (Devi / Devtas) of Hindus

33 Crore Gods of Hindus For the believers of God, it is an accepted faith across the globe that God is one. Hindus too believe so, but then there remains a question often shaped as a mockery over Hindus about the various practices of worship rendered to innumerous God in their faith. And this question is often thrown by people, who are philosophically and religiously recognized. How come Hindu religion has 33 crore Gods? Is it sensible at all to believe and practice this? I have a question – How can one decide what is sensible and what is not, particularly when none of those great thinkers have attained perfection in realization of God, none of them have seen God, none of them have heard God. There are numerous instances where religion, religious books and their beliefs have tried to define God. Criticism is an easy thing to do but we have coins with two sides always. Realization of the positive side and its practice is not only hard to recognize but difficult to accept as well. Critic

Osho on Witnessing technique

Osho on Witnessing technique – You can witness breathing, you can witness the thought process in OSHO INSIGHTS ON MEDITATION Osho – Societies will come and go. You will take birth and you will die and many lives will come and go, and many, many clouds will pass through you. But the inner sky – AKSHAT – remains uncorrupted, virgin. But you can become identified with clouds. You can begin to feel that ”I am the clouds”. Everyone is identified with his own thoughts which are nothing more than clouds. You say, ”my thought,” and if someone attacks your thought, you never feel that your thought is being attacked – you are being attacked. The sky is fighting – fighting for clouds because some cloud has been attacked. The sky feels, ”I am attacked!” The sky was there when there was no cloud, the sky will be there when there is no cloud. Clouds add nothing to the sky. And when clouds are no more, nothing is lost. The sky remains itself totally. This is the nature – the inner sky, the inn